Thursday, September 26, 2013

Riddle Riddle Ree...what do I see?

Riddle Riddle Ree...I see something you don't see...and the color is red?   For hours as kids,  my older brother and I would entertain ourselves with the Riddle Riddle Ree game.  At the time it was just entertainment, but now I realize that it was giving me an insight into the way my brother was seeing the world. Trying to guess what he saw, what caught his eye.  But it wasn't until my younger brother was born that that I then realized how important it was to see the world through other's eyes.  My younger brother was born premature and is legally blind.  I often wonder what is he not seeing.  Does he know how vivid colors are?  Does he know that there are fine details?  But then how often do I see the colors or the details?  How often do I appreciate the joy of just enjoying the simplicity in the world.

This blog is a peek into my world and what I see during my day.  It has been a long journey that I have been and still am on. But my eyes have been open to see the world in a different light and a different view.  I hope that you find enjoyment and reflection in the photos.  My photos are not professional.  And for the most part my photos are taken with the camera on my Galaxy phone.  I am just trying to look at the ordinary objects in my life in a different view to find those details that give me a moment to reflect.

So please, enjoy the photos and the stories that will follow.

Riddle Riddle Ree...I see something you don't see... and the color is ...you have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment