Sunday, September 29, 2013



Riddle Riddle Ree...I see something you don't see....

Silo for grain storage, but it made me remember how on the farm you had to depend on one another to get a job done.  That helping each other was a normal standard and you didn't even have to ask for help from others.

Then I remembered this story....

While waiting for my son to take his permit test, I observed a man in his late twenties come out of the permit room beaming from ear to ear. He saw the reaction that one of the ladies in the hallway was having to his joy and he stopped. He said “I haven’t told anyone about me taking this test, or the reason why it is important.” He began to tell her that he had a troubled life. That through his own fault and his bad decisions he had not been able to get his driver’s permit. But his life was changing. He said he prayed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that God would give him the courage, the strengthen to be able to take and pass the test. He felt as if this was the next step in making the RIGHT choices in his life for him to be a better person. As he finished the story, still smiling, he said “So, you see the reason I am so happy is that I know my prayer was answered and God knows I am a good person now.”

About 15 minutes later, I noticed him still sitting in the waiting area. I could overhear him saying to his friend on the phone, “I just need $12 dollars, I didn’t know it cost anything.” Then he hung up the phone. He placed another call and another call asking those he called for $12. Still no success, then another lady standing in line who also was over hearing the phone call and seeing him starting to look overwhelmed walked over and handed him $12. He looked up at her and was stunned. She told him that God knew he was good. He said I can’t repay you, and she replied you already have. She smiled, gave him a hug and told him to those that do good, good will always come to them. He then smiled that beaming smile and went back in line, paid the cashier and got his picture made. The amazing thing is that God put two strangers together for a brief moment in time, and each gave each other a gift that has forever made a difference in their lives. You could truly feel God’s love between them.

Riddle Riddle Ree...what do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment