Sunday, October 6, 2013

Riddle Riddle Ree... What Do I See?...
A Promise
I reluctantly walked out the door to take my son for the third trip of the day.  As we were backing out of the driveway, a rainbow began to appear from behind the clouds.  We drove about 100 feet down the street and as the clouds began to clear a full double rainbow appeared.  

I stopped the car and we got out of the car and looked at how the full double rainbow filled the entire sky.  I tried to get a picture that capture the entire rainbow, but I couldn't.  The rainbow was too large, too impressive and too awe inspiring.  As I got back in the car and started to drive off, I told my son, "Thank you."  He said "For what?"  I replied, "Had you not ask me to drop you off at practice, we would have never got to experience seeing a full double rainbow."   
He then asked, "Why do rainbows form?"  
I replied, "Scientifically, droplets in the sky reflecting light form the rainbow.  But I like to see the rainbow as a promise that God is giving us that the bad that we have experienced will not occur again.  That God will be there for us."

May you find that rainbow that fills your life with promise.

Riddle Riddle Ree...What Do You See?

No comments:

Post a Comment